Energy Auditing & Energy Consultations in Austin, TX
Inefficient heating and cooling equipment, as well as a lack of insulation, can contribute to high energy bills. Don’t pay more than you have to on an under-performing HVAC system—consider having an energy audit performed on your home to find out how you can save more money and improve your indoor air quality.
Service Arrow offers professional energy auditing services throughout Austin and the surrounding area. Give us a call today to schedule immediate service and be on your way to enjoying greater energy savings and indoor comfort.
What are the Benefits of Conducting an Energy Audit on Your Austin Home?
A comprehensive energy audit can help you figure out which areas of your home and HVAC system are contributing to energy loss.
Once we have a better understanding of what’s causing your indoor comfort and energy efficiency problems, we can present you with an effective solution to help you enjoy the following benefits:
- Lower utility bills
- Consistent indoor temperatures
- Greater heating and cooling efficiency
How to Prepare for an Energy Audit and Consultation
To help expedite the audit process and ensure an accurate service, we will need to understand your energy use. Here are a few tips on how to get ready for the energy auditing process:
- Prepare a list of concerns you have or issues you are experiencing. Some items to consider include hot or cold spots and condensation on your windows. Make sure to note down all of your concerns that need to be discussed with your energy auditor.
- Have your electric or gas bills ready. You will want to gather bills from the past year. Our experts will use this information to analyze your energy use so we can accurately identify problem areas and provide you with the right solution.
- Make sure you are ready to discuss your daily energy use in more detail. You can expect to go over your heating or cooling zones, your typical thermostat setting, and whether or not you regularly use energy-hungry systems such as humidifiers/dehumidifiers, space heaters, or medical devices.
What to Expect During the Energy Auditing Process
Analyzing your utility bills and discussing your energy consumption is just one part of the process. Our experts will also perform a full walk-through of your home and carry out a series of tests.
During the walk-through, we will inspect the insulation on your property, conduct blower door testing, and assess your overall property to look for sites where air is more likely to escape. We will use combustion analyzers, infrared cameras, and surface thermometers to help us complete this portion of the auditing process.
Homeowners are encouraged to accompany our auditors during this time and to ask us questions or provide us with more insight into their energy consumption.